Hello and welcome to the speaker lineup of the ExpoPHP Conference! We’re delighted to have you and
can’t wait to see you on stage. This guide is intended to provide you with all the information
required or just useful for you to deliver a killer performance.
If you need any additional help or guidance, please consult Organisers or write an e-mail under firstname.lastname@example.org or call Darek Grzesista under +48.604435060.
Lecture Room Arrangements and Session Timing
Your time slot is limited to the amount of time you requested during this C4P and includes:
- your workshop or talk,
- a Questions & Answers session, if you’re planning for one (not valid in 0h30 slots),
- 5 min. minimum courtesy time for the next speaker to come and prepare their equipment.
Please arrive at least 10 min before your speech, prepared to setup your equipment once the speaker preceding you leaves the stage. If you need any help in setting up your equipment, let us know beforehand. Sessions are planned back-to-back, but the rooms are very close to each other, so attendees won’t have to spend a lot of time moving between rooms.
Room Purpose, Layout and Stage Setup
- 3 or 4 workshop rooms
- are flat,
- have a classroom setup with desks, chairs and extension cords for participants,
- host max. 50 persons,
- have a table and chair.
- 2 lecture halls
- are flat,
- have an amphitheathre setup (rows of chairs),
- have a stage of following size: 4m x 2m x 40cm heigh,
- have a dedicated lectern, table and chair on stage,
- use spotlights to help audience to focus it's interest on stage.
Every lecture hall and workshop room ensures fast and well-working wi-fi internet access, using dedicated access points and ready to serve signal for large amount of devices at once. However, we still suggest that you prepare complete offline version of your presentation, for your own, well-understood, safety.
Plan to present from your own laptop, or contact us beforehand if you cannot use your own equipment. Technical details of the room and stage setup are:
- all workshop and lecture room screens are in 16:9 format,
- the best video plug for us is HDMI or evt. VGA/D-Sub analog one; make sure you have a proper and tested converter - especially if you plan to bring your own Macbook,
- sound equipment is available in every lecture hall; we are also ready to grab sound from your laptop's via mini jack (3.5mm) line-out, if needed,
- we provide one hand-held and one hands-free head microphone in each room; let us know which one do you prefer, right before your talk,
- bring your own remote control and laser pointer for slides, if needed,
- there are no confidence monitors other than your laptop screen on the lectern, so get to know your slides,
- typically, during the talk, our technical stuff will do a timing for you; if you rely on your own clock and don't like when somebody keeps distracting you, let us know before your start,
- the lecture hall will generally be lit well from the back, but we'll keep the lights low in front of the screen so that even dark slides should display well,
- by submitting a talk (not workshop) you agree that it will be recorded, including your person on stage, your voice and slides; we’ll make the recording available on the internet by default, so, if you disagree to that, let us know before or after the conference - we will respect your decision and give up from publication.
If you need any equipment for your presentation, that isn’t mentioned above, please contact us to see if we can arrange it.
Other Important Remarks
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort out through the submissions, making their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed. In some special cases we reserve the right to choose and announce your proposal earlier even before the C4P finishes.
This year's package
Our speaker package for this year includes:
- full conference pass (including workshops, talks, catering, refreshments and coffees),
- 2 complimentary hotel nights – Friday to Saturday (March 1/2) and Saturday to Sunday (March 2/3),
- additional complimentary night on Thursday to Friday (February 28/March 1) for workshop speakers,
- complimentary shuttle from GDN airport and return,
- Speaker Dinner on Friday evening (March 1),
- compensation for presenting a workshop in amount of 200 euro per every 2-hour slot (400/half day, 800/full day) invoiced and paid after delivery of workshop,
- after-party on Saturday evening (March 2),
- payment for transportation costs, in particular:
- we happy arrange an air or train ticket on behalf of you – just point us an exact trip,
- if you prefer arranging ticket by yourself mind about the invoice or receipt issued to our company,
- if you travel by car, we provide a multi-day free parking at the Expo site and we pay for your fuel if you provide an invoice or receipt issued to our company.
Our speaker package doesn't include, in particular:
- travel expenses between your home and source airport,
- accommodation and meals other than specified above.
Due to tax law duties, we can reimburse only costs documented by invoices and/or receipts issued directly to Organiser (Conferia LLC), with proper VAT ID.
International speakers are encouraged to submit their ideas, but because of budget restrictions, we can only accept a limited number of speakers from outside the country.
Tips for Submission
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.
Promotion and Social Media
We’re immensely social and there for you to connect with conference attendees, before, during and after the event. Send us your social media links, we’ll follow you, re-publish your posts and tweets and help you get noticed. Please help us out as well by re-publishing or re-tweeting our content.